Tahini Chocolate Swirl Banana Loaf
Updated: Apr 29, 2021
Classic banana bread jazzed up to make the perfect Sunday snack. Chocolate Swirled Tahini Banana Loaf. This loaf is made with nutty brown butter and nutty tahini. Then add some melty chocolate chunks and a chocolate swiiirl. The best thing you’ll eat all week!
Makes 1 loaf
2 overripe bananas
1/2 cup butter + 1 tsp for greasing the pan
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
1/3 cup + 1 tbs cup tahini paste
1 1/3 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cocoa powder
1/2 cup dark chocolate chocolate, cut into chunks
1 oz dark chocolate, melted
1 tsp sesame seeds
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F. In a mixing bowl, combine the bananas and 1/3 cup tahini. Mash together using a fork until fully combined. Set aside.
2. In a small sauce pan over low heat, brown the butter. Stir the butter consistently for 5-7 minutes, or until the butter stops foaming and begins to develop a nutty smell. Add the browned butter to the bananas, and mash again.
3. Add the sugars to the banana mixture and mash to combine. Lastly, add both eggs and give it a final mash to fully combine.
4. In a separate bowl, add the flour, baking soda, and 1/2 tsp sea salt. Mix to combine.
5. Add the dry mixture to the wet, and use a spatula to fold the batter 10-12 times, or until just mixed.
6. Add the chocolate chunks to the batter, and fold another 2-3 times to just combine it.
7. Remove about 1 cup of the batter into a separate bowl. To that bowl, add the cocoa powder and melted chocolate. Fold it until the batter is uniform in colour.
8. Grease a loaf pan with butter. Alternative dropping big scoops of each batter into the loaf pan so that both batters are in every part of the loaf.
9. Drizzle over top the cake 1 tbs of tahini. Use a skewer to create a few swirls in the cake. Be careful not to over swirl, or your batters may just mix into one.
10. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and another 1/4 tsp sea salt. Bake for 45-55 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Let it cool for 10-15 minutes before cutting into slices.