Strawberry Balsamic White Chocolate Scones
Updated: Apr 20, 2021
Gettin in the vday mood with strawberry balsamic white chocolate scones. Balsamic and honey muddled strawberries caramelized with white chocolate in a golden scone. Just screams l-o-v-eee and affection doesn’t it?
Makes 6-7 scones
1 cup fresh strawberries, diced
1 tbs honey
1 tbs balsamic vinegar
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup + 1 tsp sugar
1/2 cup cold butter, grated
1/2 cup 10% cream
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup white chocolate
2 tbs heavy cream
1 tbs coarse sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 400 F. In a small bowl, combine the strawberries, 1 tsp of sugar, honey, and balsamic vinegar. Use a fork to lightly mash the strawberries, but don’t overdo it. You still want chunks of strawberry in the scone. Set aside.
2. In a bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and remaining sugar. Stir to combine.
3. In another bowl, combine the 10% cream, egg, and vanilla, and whisk until fully combined. Set aside.
4. Add the grated butter to the flour mixture and use your hands or a pastry cutter to mix until it resembles course crumbs.
5. Add the cream and egg mixture to the flour and stir using a spatula until just combined. Add the strawberries and white chocolate and stir again until just combined. Dump the dough out on to a counter and knead once or twice to form a cohesive round shape. It will be quite wet.
6. Use a heart shaped cookie cutter to cut out as many shapes as you can with the dough. Alternatively, you can cut the dough like a pizza into triangles. Place the scones on a parchment or foiled lined baking tray. Brush with the heavy cream and sprinkle with the coarse sugar. Bake for 18-19 minutes until golden on top.